Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Okay, This is Just Weird

In Google Blog Alerts, it's not unusual to see bogus blogs, set up just for the ad traffic, I guess. After the page loads, you realize that it has nothing to do with anything with which you are remotely interested. But this lead in to a blog post in one of the alerts is just plain weird.

"Homeschooling - Hiring Tutors?
By admin
Amar Mahallati asked: Homeschooling is a very positive educational decision; however, some parents are not equipped to educate others. While they want to give. ... While more structured in its approach, the Classical method is shapely after religious education and is quite popular. The students are presented with a set of demanding challenges that debase their minds. These tutors are highly wanted after because they are very knowledgeable and have stabbing minds. ..."


The URL is dot de, so it seems safe to say that the writer is not a native English speaker, but this is bad. I've had online contact with people from that area of Europe & find their English very good.

But it does make me think... my youngest is 12, so maybe one day I'll be knowledgeable enough to be wanted after. My 12 year old would probably say that I already have a stabbing mind.

I could use some of that shapeliness, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...
    The students are presented with a set of demanding challenges that debase their minds.

    Gosh, do you suppose their "classical method, shapely after religion", will be able to un-debase their minds?

    One certainly hopes so!

    Keep up the good work.

    - NA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting. I really appreciate it.