Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wordless Wednesday



Wordless Wednesday links.

And because everyone is so curious:

Those galloping creatures represent the world's largest equestrian sculpture, the Mustangs of Las Colinas, captured in bronze as they move across a granite stream at Irving's Williams Square. African wildlife artist Robert Glen installed this spectacular piece in 1984, as a memorial to the heritage of Texas. The sculpture recognizes that "Texas is not only a geographical place on this continent, but that it represents a distinctive spirit and way of life of a people who are committed to the freedoms of action, initiative and expression for each individual man and woman as no other culture before has exhibited."
Irving Convention & Visitors Bureau

25 comments:

  1. i thought they were real ones,
    great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! at 1st thought how in the world could those statues run?!hehehe! i thought those are real horses just painted with something until dumb me! realized that it's just a fountain in the water, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize those!! Los Colinas right? Beautiful area!

    Great photo! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I love this picture! I am such a horse lover...this is incredibly unique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow Rose is right, it's Las Colinas in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a very brief moment, I thought they were real! What an excellent photo :-)

    Melissa R. Garrett
    http://www.LittleWoolgatherings.blogspot.com
    http://www.TheSilverTongue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost hate to admit it, but I thought for a split second, why are those horses green? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is breathtaking! Both the statues and the photo have such energy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic statue. I love the use of the fountains to mimic hoof spray. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great photo! My daughter the horse lover would absolutely love to have that picture framed on her wall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an excellent statue. Nicely captured!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this photo. I have some horse photos on my blog but they are my sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic sculpture. That artist is truly gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats a cool fountain! Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat statue. I'm with "mousey," about thinking that they were real at first. When the page loaded, I thought, "Oh neat, horses," and then I saw what it actually was! Where is that statue located?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great statue and great shot! Is that near where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is stunning. So lifelike. They remind me of the sculptures by Childe Hassan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow for a minute there, I thought they were real! I wonder who the artist is...they are lovely statues! Great picture. Thanks so much for stopping by my WW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting. I really appreciate it.