Saturday, June 9, 2007

"8 Things" Tag


Elena of My Domestic Church has tagged me for 8 Things about myself. I guess the 7 Random Things OC Mom tagged me for just wasn't enough. (I thought the koi pond was quite the thing.) So....


“Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”

1. I'm an Aggie. Yep, I have a B.S. degree in Floriculture from Texas A&M.

2. I took flight lessons back in high school. Never got my license, though.

3. I'm an advanced seamstress, so it's a doggone shame that I don't make more time for sewing. (It could have something to do with the computer and internet. I dunno, I'm still thinking about it.)

4. I have Scottish, Welsh, English, and Cherokee heritage.

5. I have always homeschooled my children, and I wouldn't do it any other way.

6. I'm a native Texan.

7. I have been trying to learn to play the violin for about 4 years now. My main goal was to play Scottish fiddle, so I concentrate on that. I had no idea what an upfront learning curve the violin has.

8. When the Texas summer heat comes on I want to head to the mountains of New Mexico or Colorado, or mountains anywhere. Just so long as it's cool.

Alright, if you want to take up the challenge yourself, leave me a comment letting me know to check it out.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't tag anyone after answering this, either. I enjoyed the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new list! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my 8 on my homeschooling blog--what a challenge!

    Your are very interesting! My HS sweetheart was an Aggie too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so interesting! We have a lot in common... native Texans, always homeschooled (and wouldn't have it any other way!), and wanting to head to the mountains to escape the TX heat! Great list! (I did mine on my regular blog a while back. Very random. ;) I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah- and I'm English and Commanche. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting. I really appreciate it.