Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Poem for Homeschoolers


This poem appear a little while ago on a homeschool list, and the author was happy to share it with others as long as she was credited. She wrote it to inspire her children to own their learning. Maybe it will make the point with yours as well.

It Is My Responsibility to Learn

My parents are responsible for teaching me how to learn.
It is my responsibility to learn.
My parents can provide me with opportunities to learn.
It is my responsibility to learn.
My parents' instruction will guide me towards learning.
It is my responsibility to learn.
Knowledge is power and learning is freedom.
It is my responsibility to learn.
Stupid is as stupid does.
It is my responsibility to learn.
And excellent education is at my grasp.
It is my responsibility to learn.
I will embrace and take hold of my future for
It is my responsibility to learn.

by Robin Michael
Roanoke Rapids, NC

The painting is "The Scholar" by Jim Daly.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great poem! I am happy to have found your blog! You have alot of wonderful links ~ I'm going to go read some more posts and take a look around. Thanks for stopping by my place too. BlessingS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting. I really appreciate it.