Saturday, May 5, 2007

An Early Mother's Day Present

Odd how things can work out. When I was a teen, I had this romantic idea that the man who loved me could just about read my mind and think just like I did on everything. Blessedly, I grew out of that silly notion. I realized it was ridiculous to expect a man to read my mind and to magically fulfill my every desire. But after I'd married my sweetie, it wasn't unusual for one of us to say something and for the other to respond, "I was thinking the same thing!" I thought that was a truely sweet blessing from the Lord.

It happened again the other evening at the SuperWalmart, and I am now the proud owner of a GE Countertop Oven.



You see, I never use my oven in hot weather, which, in Texas, is most of the year. Now I can bake and broil inside (just like we do outside, lol). So far we've only reheated pizza (much better than to microwave) and baked a pie. The pie was a milestone: Sissy had collected enough mulberries for two pies, and she somehow had never had a lesson in pie making, so she made a mulberry pie as I coached her. It turned out beautifully, and I 'm looking forward to some summer baking.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Saw that you're new to the HS Social Network. (That sounds like a sorority doesn't it?)

    Like your blog. Love the tips for frugality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mulberry pie sounds great. What time should we come over??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Jimmie.

    Lilly, it will be gone by the time you get here. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting. I really appreciate it.