Thursday, April 5, 2007

Two Great Articles

I'm so late getting these posted, but these two articles (one's a FAQ) have been making the rounds on home schooling loops. They're very good, so if you've missed them, here they are:

The first is an FAQ by John Mark Reynolds, the founder and director of the Torrey Honors Institute, and Associate Professor of Philosophy, at Biola University. He shares many good insights about classical Christian home schooling. One of my favorite lines is, "They know some old stuff (Elsie Dinsmore!) died for good reasons." I love this guy! And here I thought I was the only Christian home schooler who thought E.D. ridiculous.

I must not fall in the "general" category as referred to here: "are generally not motivated by fear or dislike of government schools even if they don’t use them." I do dislike the the goverment schools. I think they've become tragic, and I'd rather be shot than send one of my children to them.

Read the whole FAQ, What is Classical, Traditonal, Christian Education?

The second article, Home School Mothers: the Beatrice Brigade, is also by John Mark Reynolds. And I couldn't pick a favorite quote from it. You'll just have to read it for yourself.

Home schooling moms, especially of the classical ilk, appear to have a new champion thanks to Professor Reynolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting. I really appreciate it.